The entrance gate to our reserve is situated 16 km from Hoedspruit, off the R40, direction Phalaborwa, approximately 16 km from Hoedspruit. Masodini Private Game Lodge is situated 5km inside Balule Olifants West Nature Reserve.
Directions to Masodini
Balule Olifants West Gate Coordinates: 24° 13.198 South / 030° 51.716 East
Masodini Coordinates: 24° 11.287 South / 030° 52.923 East
- Take the N4 from Pretoria, or the N12 from Johannesburg to Witbank (now eMalahleni).
- From Witbank travel via Belfast, Dullstroom, Lydenburg (now Mashishing), Ohrigstad and the Strijdom Tunnel to Hoedspruit.
- Travel through Hoedspruit across the 4 way stop in the center of “Town” then over the railway bridge to the second 4 way stop where you must turn left onto the R40, the road to Tzaneen/Phalaborwa.
- After 16 km along this road, you will see the “BALULE, OLIFANTS WEST GATE” sign on your left indicating the main entrance on the right.
- Upon entering Balule Nature Reserve and having paid the Conservation fee, the security guard will direct you to Masodini.
- Turn immediately left and follow the “Maroelalaan” for approx. 800m parallel to the fence. Then the gravel road turns right - please follow for another 5 km (you might think it is more than 5 km - but please stay on the road until the sign "Masodini"). You will come to see the “MASODINI” sign on your left, indicating the entrance road to Masodini Game Lodge. Follow the main track (about 800m) to the Lodge.
A direct route from JHB or PTA will take approx. 5 hours, depending on the stops made along the route. The Panorama route via the Blyde River Canyon, God’s Window, Bourke’s Luck Potholes etc. will take approx. 8 hours.
There are daily scheduled flights from Johannesburg and Cape Town to Eastgate Airport, 7 km. from Hoedspruit, from where we will collect you and bring you to our Lodge.
The flight from JHB takes less than one hour.
We look forward to your visit and to ensuring that you have a wonderful and memorable stay with us.
By Shuttle Service
Kruger Park Shuttle, a convenient service from Johannesburg Oliver Tambo Airport to Balule Olifants West gate, back to Johannesburg. Shuttle Operators may change, please phone Masodini for the latest update. We are happy to assist you with the booking.